Without a doubt, Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico’s most appealing destinations for incredible vacation experiences. The beachfront city has plenty to offer, from inviting weather and stunning natural beauty to gourmet dining and shopping that ranges from high end boutiques and galleries to authentic Mexican markets. Thanks to the captivating setting of Banderas Bay, there are many outdoor activities to experience as well such as ATV tours, water sports and thrilling zipline adventures. If you are still on the fence about when you should plan to visit adults-only Hotel Mousai in Puerto Vallarta for your next vacation, take a look at this list which outlines the activities that will be taking place each month in 2018 to help narrow down your choices.
- Three Kings Day (January 6th) – This lively celebration, which in Mexico is called “El Dia de los Reyes”, honors the wise men who journeyed to see baby Jesus in the biblical story. This brings the holiday season to a close with everyone gathering around to partake in a sweet bread baked especially for the holiday.
- Peak Whale Season 🐋 – Humpback whales migrate to the warmer waters of Banderas Bay each year to spend the winter season. January is the perfect time to head out on the water in search of these charming gentle giants with a whale watching tour.
- Valentine’s Day (February 14th) 🌹 – If you are looking for a romantic escape, look no further than Puerto Vallarta. From couples spa treatments and blissful walks together on the beach to candlelit gourmet dinners for two, the atmosphere is sure to bring out your passionate side.
- Flee the Cold ☀️ – Visiting Puerto Vallarta during the winter months is an absolute treat if you live in a cold climate. You will be able to bask in the delightfully sunny, warm weather that encourages time spent in the great outdoors, no bulky winter coat necessary!
- President’s Day (February 18th) – Celebrate all of the presidents who have come and gone by heading to Puerto Vallarta for a long weekend or use the day off as the starting point for a longer vacation.
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) 🍀 – If you have always been curious to see how St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated in other parts of the world, plan to party down in Puerto Vallarta for this lively holiday.
- Spring Equinox (March 20th) – Celebrate the beginning of the spring season with an escape to Mexico.
- Easter Vacation (Easter Sunday is April 1) 🐰 – Easter is a big holiday in Puerto Vallarta, which means you will have the chance to celebrate in a dazzling atmosphere.
- Tax Day (April 17th) 🗓 – Making sure your taxes are done correctly and filed on time is a stressful event, so to reward yourself for a job well done, plan a vacation that falls right behind tax day. Then, you will have an amazing getaway in paradise to anticipate.
- 5 de Mayo (May 5th) 🇲🇽 – While many people confuse 5 de Mayo (which honors the Battle of Puebla) with Mexico’s independence (which is celebrated in September), this fun-filled holiday is still a terrific reason to celebrate.
- Mother’s Day (May 13th) 👩💼 – Puerto Vallarta is a splendid place to honor all of the mothers who are in your life. Whether you have booked a pampering spa treatment for her or plan on dining on a magnificent brunch together, spoiling mom will show her how much you care.
- Restaurant Week 2018 🍲 – While the exact dates have yet to be announced for the coming year, this phenomenal event, which is usually held during the last two weeks in May, is always a huge hit with local and visiting foodies who indulge in all of Puerto Vallarta’s outstanding cuisine.
- Father’s Day (June 17th) 👱♂️ – What better place to celebrate Father’s Day than in Puerto Vallarta, where you can sail the high seas together on the Marigalante pirate ship.
- Summer Solstice (June 21st) ⛱ – Kick off the summer season in style in Puerto Vallarta.
- Beginning of Turtle Season 🐢 – Anyone who appreciates the beauty of nature will jump at the chance to encounter sea turtles in their stunning natural habitat along the coastline.
- 4th of July – Just because you are spending the 4th of July in Puerto Vallarta doesn’t mean you have to forget about being patriotic. In fact, while staying at Hotel Mousai, you can enjoy a festive onsite celebration held at the Garza Blanca Preserve that honors America’s Independence Day.
- Prime Vacation Time 👙 – Since most families enjoy their family vacations during the earlier part of the summer so they can get home to prepare for the coming school year, August is a great time to take advantage of the quiet at the adult’s only haven of Hotel Mousai.
- Labor Day (September 3rd) 👜 – Steer clear of the mayhem back home during this blowout three day weekend by planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta for some relaxation.
- Mexican Independence Day (September 16th) – Definitely Mexico’s most celebrated national holiday, you will discover festivities all over the place, even right at Hotel Mousai!
- Halloween (October 31st) 🎃 – While celebrating Halloween in Puerto Vallarta might not seem like an obvious choice, there is a range of festivities and costume parties held around the city at its nightlife venues.
- Day of the Dead (November 1st & 2nd) 💀 – This fascinating cultural tradition honors loved ones who have gone before us.
- Gourmet Festival 🍣 – Although the dates have yet to be announced, the annual Puerto Vallarta Gourmet Festival held each November is beloved by gourmet-loving foodies.
- Thanksgiving (November 22) – When you decide to spend Thanksgiving at Hotel Mousai, you will be able to dine on all of your delicious holiday favorites without lifting a finger. You will surely give thanks for that!
- Whale Watching Season Begins 🐋 – November marks the beginning of the annual humpback whale migration in Puerto Vallarta, so head down and help welcome these magnificent animals back to their seasonal home.
- Winter Solstice (December 21st) ❄️ – Rather than spending the day of the year with the least daylight back home, embrace the new season by spending it in sun-drenched Puerto Vallarta.
- Christmas Day (December 25th) 🎄- When holiday bliss is what you are after, escape the stress back home and spend Christmas at Hotel Mousai.
- New Year’s Eve (December 31st) 🍾 – Arguably the biggest party of the year in Puerto Vallarta is New Year’s Eve, when brilliant fireworks displays light up the night sky around Banderas Bay as the new year begins.
If you have been thinking to yourself, “What does 2018 have in store for Puerto Vallarta?”, now you have an entire year’s worth of events to consider as you plan your next vacation at Hotel Mousai!